Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Introduction

This blog is about one person's experience searching through various combinations of natural medicine and cognitive techniques to find solutions to the devastating ME/CFS (or CFIDS) illness complex, including Lyme Disease. I have received a lot of requests for reports on what I have learned while successfully treating my own case. If you are reading this because ME/CFS and/or Chronic Lyme Disease has taken over your life, I hope you will find some insights here.

This blog is an attempt to share what I am learning about ME/CFS and Lyme Disease. Therefore my purpose is informational and educational. I am in no way diagnosing or treating any illness, nor prescribing any particular therapy (my Disclaimer). If you have questions, please send me an email.



More Introduction

Honestly, I wish some other topic would be so important that I would write a blog about it, maybe my favorite music or how I love good literature. Sadly this disease has taken over my life to a large extent. But fortunately I have had some successes, and mostly stopped the progression of the illness. In fact I have experienced some improvements, I was partly bedridden for several years, but now have recovered limited mobility and some functional improvements.

This ME/CFS-Lyme blog begins in December, 2004, when I experienced my first dramatic reversal in over four years when I started the Salt/C protocol. I also discuss a few ideas about what might be causing ME/CFS and Lyme. In late 2005 I experienced more improvement, possibly from the continuing Salt/C, or some ongoing holistic work. But I also had some setbacks, and stopped salt/c. In 2006 I started having great success with EMF blocking. In 2008 I began using a self-talk process to address adrenal-amygdala looping that I believe is caused by the presence of neurotoxins. That lasted for a few years. I started using rehydration therapy in about 2010, and things have been stable since then. I finally updated the blog in 2019.


To get the full content of the blog you must just start with the older posts and read them all. Since I do not post often, that is not as difficult as it may sound.

Part of the purpose of the blog is to give hope to others, and to share what I have learned and am still learning, in my quest for the solution protocol to ME/CFS and related conditions, including Chronic Lyme Disease. I explore a wide range of health issues, but try to stick to the goal of finding an effective treatment plan for this disease.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoying your blog. Will you be adding an RSS feed? It would be easier to keep track of your posts.

December 22, 2008 at 8:10:00 PM EST  
Blogger Kurt said...

Great idea Scott, yes, I will add RSS.

December 23, 2008 at 12:16:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kurt, I suffer from CFIDS/FMS and have for over 15 years. I wanted to suggest Dr. Cheney for information on CFIDS as he recently published a journal about the three (3) Phases of CFIDS. Here are a few links to the article and his website.

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?id=3999&t=CFIDS_FM

http://www.ei-resource.org/articles/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-articles/dr.-cheneys-basic-treatment-plan/

http://www.dfwcfids.org/medical/cheney.html


BTW, he has been following us and doing research since the inception of the first outbreak about approximately 20+ years ago in Incline Village.

I hope that helps. You can find me on my blog, An Unlikely Perspective 2 (political) @
http://anunlikelyperspective2.squarespace.com/

Keep up the good work!

January 16, 2009 at 8:34:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Cheney has stumbled on an incredible discovery and it explains why all systems in the body of a CFIDS/CFS patient are going awry.

They think the heart is the culprit.

Here is his 3 hour video. So worth watching!!

http://www.cfids-cab.org/MESA/CFS_Dist.htm

January 16, 2009 at 11:15:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home