Friday, February 25, 2005

Treating the symptoms during die-off of the bugs

Here are some important symptomatic treatments I have found for the die-off time, or herxheimer (the flare-up of symptoms that accompanies treatment of Lyme):

Relax the muscles - I use heat packs and take liquid mineral supplements to help relax the muscles. I have found that heat packs are invaluable in this condition. I got the idea to use them after reading in the Jernigan book about the heat sensitivity of Lyme bacteria. Just using a heat pack around the neck at night made a huge different in resolving the constant tension of Lyme. Muscle tension is a problem with Lyme, probably from the waste products of the bacteria and the mineral imbalances it causes. I find that getting the muscles to relax is important to healing, and the two most important treatments I have found for that are naturally balanced mineral supplements and the heat packs. The mineral supplement that is most recommended, and I like the best is ‘Concentrace’ liquid by Relaxing the muscles keeps the blood circulating better, and probably that is the reason it seems to help during herx.

Chlorella for herx. I have found that Chlorella can help take the 'edge' off of a nasty herx. Some people get a ‘healing crisis’ reaction if they take it on an empty stomach, because it overloads their system with nutrients. I don’t have that problem, I can take it on an empty stomach. However, just to be sure I would take it with food or a snack the first few times, just to get used to it. Then try an empty stomach. I alternate, sometimes with and sometimes without food, to get a variety of effects.

Recancostat. Sometimes I take Recancostat, and that helps a lot, it boosts glutathione and supports detox.

Chit-O-Power. This is a powerful detox support product, the chitooligosaccarides (sp?) mop up toxins. This product is created from the shells of crustaceans, those bottom-dwelling animals that are very good at ... you guessed it ... mopping up toxins.

Garlic. I take Kyolic Garlic tablets a few times each day. This supplies sulfur, important for detox also.

Milk Thistle. I take this to help the liver when I get liver pain, or when I am detoxing heavily.


Blogger harmonious1 said...

Your is the most helpful and informative blog I have encountered so far in my research. You have a very efficient, organized and easy-to-understand way of writing.
Thank you very much for sharing all this information.
I am contemplating the salt/C protocol. I am on antibiotics right now, having just started them last week. I just had a three day headache which I think was caused by either the anti-fungal that was prescribed or the serrapeptase I'm also taking.
I love the idea of keeping the neck area warm and I am going to make some rice packs immediately. These headaches are always preceded by tension in the neck and jaw area. As they start to fade I can feel the jaw unlocking and sometimes even hear it.

July 28, 2011 at 5:16:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Clark Ruth said...

very informative article you have here, right now I am taking Serrapeptase as my daily health supplements

June 14, 2013 at 5:43:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home