Friday, February 25, 2005

Treating the symptoms during die-off of the bugs

Here are some important symptomatic treatments I have found for the die-off time, or herxheimer (the flare-up of symptoms that accompanies treatment of Lyme):

Relax the muscles - I use heat packs and take liquid mineral supplements to help relax the muscles. I have found that heat packs are invaluable in this condition. I got the idea to use them after reading in the Jernigan book about the heat sensitivity of Lyme bacteria. Just using a heat pack around the neck at night made a huge different in resolving the constant tension of Lyme. Muscle tension is a problem with Lyme, probably from the waste products of the bacteria and the mineral imbalances it causes. I find that getting the muscles to relax is important to healing, and the two most important treatments I have found for that are naturally balanced mineral supplements and the heat packs. The mineral supplement that is most recommended, and I like the best is ‘Concentrace’ liquid by www.traceminerals.com. Relaxing the muscles keeps the blood circulating better, and probably that is the reason it seems to help during herx.

Chlorella for herx. I have found that Chlorella can help take the 'edge' off of a nasty herx. Some people get a ‘healing crisis’ reaction if they take it on an empty stomach, because it overloads their system with nutrients. I don’t have that problem, I can take it on an empty stomach. However, just to be sure I would take it with food or a snack the first few times, just to get used to it. Then try an empty stomach. I alternate, sometimes with and sometimes without food, to get a variety of effects.

Recancostat. Sometimes I take Recancostat, and that helps a lot, it boosts glutathione and supports detox.

Chit-O-Power. This is a powerful detox support product, the chitooligosaccarides (sp?) mop up toxins. This product is created from the shells of crustaceans, those bottom-dwelling animals that are very good at ... you guessed it ... mopping up toxins.

Garlic. I take Kyolic Garlic tablets a few times each day. This supplies sulfur, important for detox also.

Milk Thistle. I take this to help the liver when I get liver pain, or when I am detoxing heavily.

2 Comments:

Blogger harmonious1 said...

Your is the most helpful and informative blog I have encountered so far in my research. You have a very efficient, organized and easy-to-understand way of writing.
Thank you very much for sharing all this information.
I am contemplating the salt/C protocol. I am on antibiotics right now, having just started them last week. I just had a three day headache which I think was caused by either the anti-fungal that was prescribed or the serrapeptase I'm also taking.
I love the idea of keeping the neck area warm and I am going to make some rice packs immediately. These headaches are always preceded by tension in the neck and jaw area. As they start to fade I can feel the jaw unlocking and sometimes even hear it.

July 28, 2011 at 5:16:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

very informative article you have here, right now I am taking Serrapeptase as my daily health supplements

June 14, 2013 at 5:43:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home